Good health is a basic human right and to achieve this goal, we have to ensure that everyone has access to affordable health services to deal with epidemics,diseases and fatalities. We must also preserve the quality of the environment we live in in order for a child to have optimum conditions for complete physiological and psychological growth.
Health conditions have a major role to play in the strength of the economy. A healthy population can contribute to a stable economy. For this, greater investments in health sectors and introducing universal healthcare is one of the foremost interventions necessary.
Most Related SDGs
· SDG1 · SDG2 · SDG 6
Facts and Figures
· Over 95% of the population has health related problems, with 1 in every 5 deaths resulting from an unhealthy diet. (Reuters, 2019)
· Tobacco consumption is one of the leading causes of death in the world.
· Average life expectancy in 1920 was 55 years. Average life expectancy in 2020 is 79 years.
Best Performing countries in SDG3: Good Health and Well Being
Norway, Sweden, Italy and Australia
For example, India was declared to be polio free in 2014 by the WHO after years of extensive vaccination across the country eradicated all cases.
· Donate blood regularly, encourage your children to donate blood after they turn 18.
· Keep your immediate environment clean, promote greenery, buy plants, add to the oxygen that this Earth has to offer.
· Exercise daily, eat a balanced diet and cut down on sugar.
The world has been getting healthier with improved life expectancies and low mortality rates at birth. Vaccines, pills and surgeries can fix more problems than ever before. But this improvement in health conditions is parallel to rising unemployment, increased inequality and governance failures. Can public health be possible without addressing these key societal challenges? Read the book to find out more.
OUR PARTNER FOR GOAL 3
We are pleased that with our media and knowledge partner PPP Health4All we are able to shed even more light on the issues surrounding one of the central goals of Agenda 2030 - health and well-being.
To improve global health by empowering governments and societies to enhance their health services and healthcare infrastructure through multi-stakeholder digital knowledge platform PPPHealth4All that provides an access to international experience, expertise and resources and facilitates development of sustainable people-centered public-private partnerships for global health.