- 19th - 23rd April: The IFRC Data & Digital Week 2021 - Solferino Academy brings to us the opportunity to learn digital skills, exchange ideas and take part in innovation. With the Red Cross National Societies sharing experiences from different parts of the world, the event will seek to encourage digital transformation in line with Agenda 2030.
- 2nd-5th February: The Global Symposium on Soil Biodiversity will be held virtually this year to share information on solutions to live in harmony with nature, while utilising the natural resources in a sustainable way. For registration and agenda, please visit here.
- 11th February: International Day of Women and Girls in Science, is an essential day to commemorate the great contributions made by women in science, and also to remember that full participation of women in science will be necessary for future innovations and progress.
- 21st January, 2021: From 14:00 - 15:00 (CET) on Thursday the 21st, there will be an online streaming on "No mitigation without adaptation; How do we adapt to climate change?." During the online event, one can know about what cities can do to deal with more extreme weather circumstances. More information can be found here.
- 24th January, 2021: Enshrined as the International Day of Education by the UN, 24th January emphasises on the importance of achieving universal education for peace and development.
- 25th-26th January, 2021: The Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021, is being held virtually bringing together a diverse group of participants, to find ways in improving the measures being taken in adapting to the inevitable effects of climate change. More details can be found here.
- 2nd December, 2020: Global Launch of the Ocean Panel’s New Ocean Action Agenda: The High Level Panel for a Sustainable Ocean Economy (Ocean Panel), composed of 14 serving world leaders, is putting forward a new ocean action agenda for building a sustainable ocean economy where protection, production and prosperity go hand in hand. Read up on this here.
- 2nd-4th December, 2020: The Understanding Risk Conference 2020 brings together people from all around the world to showcase the best practices and latest innovations in the field of disaster risks. The conference uses non-traditional facilitation techniques and very interactive methods of convening sessions that makes the topics interesting.
- 10th December, 2020: The Partnership webinar series 1 - Is your organization equipped to partner effectively for the SDGs? The series will explore how to be institutionally fit for purpose to partner effectively to implement the SDGs. The challenges and successes from various stakeholders and sectors will be captured including the governments, UN organisations, civil society and business. Learn more and register.
- 10th December, 2020: Human Rights Day with nationwide actions, e.g. by Amnesty International, UNICEF and others
- 15th and 16th December, 2020: Memorial workshop: In this online workshop, food nutrition for all entrepreneurs and more information on the organic and sustainability industry will be shared with the participants. Registration via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18th December, 2020: 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees
Header Picture: Carl Heyerdahl, via Unsplash